Case Histories (TV series)
|Written by|| |
|Directed by||Marc Jobst, Dan Zeff|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Location(s)||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Ruby Films|
|Original channel||BBC One|
|Original run||5 June 2011– present|
Case Histories is a British six-part drama television series based on the first three Jackson Brodie detective novels by Kate Atkinson (Case Histories, One Good Turn and When Will There Be Good News) starring Jason Isaacs (who had also narrated the abridged audiobook adaptation) as Jackson Brodie. The drama series premiered on 5 June 2011, on BBC1.
In the United States the show debuted on PBS in October 2011. It was shown in three 2-hour episodes instead of breaking them into parts one and two.
The series is both set and filmed in Edinburgh.
- Jason Isaacs as Jackson Brodie
- Amanda Abbington as DC Louise Munroe
- Kirsty Mitchell as Josie Brodie
- Zawe Ashton as Deborah Arnold
- Natasha Little as Julia Land
- Millie Innes as Marlie Brodie
- Gwyneth Keyworth as Reggie Teague (episode 5 & 6)
Information for this table came from the BBC page for Case Histories
The series aired as three 2-part episodes, part one on Sunday and part two the following day, on BBC1 at 9pm.
|№||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original airdate|
|1||1||"Case Histories" - Part 1||Marc Jobst||Ashley Pharoah||5 June 2011|
|Jackson takes on the case of a girl who went missing 30 years ago. Also a lawyer wants him to find the murderer of his daughter.|
|2||2||"Case Histories" - Part 2||Marc Jobst||Ashley Pharoah||6 June 2011|
|Jackson decides to help a mysterious seductress find her niece.|
|3||3||"One Good Turn" - Part 1||Bill Anderson||Matthew Graham||12 June 2011|
|Jackson helps a crime novelist who is caught up in a road rage incident.|
|4||4||"One Good Turn" - Part 2||Bill Anderson||Matthew Graham||13 June 2011|
|Jackson uncovers the dark secrets of a novelist's holiday in Russia.|
|5||5||"When Will There Be Good News?" - Part 1||Dan Zeff||Peter Harness||19 June 2011|
|Jackson is caught up in an accident that brings another lost girl into his life.|
|6||6||"When Will There Be Good News?" - Part 2||Dan Zeff||Peter Harness||20 June 2011|
|Jackson tries to find Joanna Hunter before something bad happens.|
Two more two-hour feature length episodes have been approved and will air in 2012.
- Millar, Paul (July 26, 2010), Jason Isaacs to star in new BBC drama, Digital Spy, class="Z3988" title="ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_val_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Abook&rft.genre=book&rft.btitle=Jason+Isaacs+to+star+in+new+BBC+drama&rft.aulast=Millar%2C+Paul&rft.au=Millar%2C+Paul&rft.date=July+26%2C+2010&rft.pub=%5B%5BDigital+Spy%5D%5D&rft_id=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalspy.co.uk%2Ftv%2Fnews%2Fa250704%2Fjason-isaacs-to-star-in-new-bbc-drama.html&rfr_id=info:sid/en.wikipedia.org:Case_Histories_(TV_series)">
- Wiegand, David (October 15, 2011), "'Case Histories' review: Rogue PI in Scotland", San Francisco Chronicle
- Lloyd, Robert (October 15, 2011), "Television review: 'Case Histories'", Los Angeles Times
- Doyle, John (October 12, 2011), "When good books are adapted for TV, expect mixed reviews", The Globe and Mail
- "Case Histories". - BBC One Programmes. - BBC.
- Fletcher, Alex (October 13, 2011), Jason Isaacs 'Case Histories' to return to BBC One, Digital Spy, class="Z3988" title="ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&rft_val_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Abook&rft.genre=book&rft.btitle=Jason+Isaacs+%27Case+Histories%27+to+return+to+BBC+One&rft.aulast=Fletcher%2C+Alex&rft.au=Fletcher%2C+Alex&rft.date=October+13%2C+2011&rft.pub=%5B%5BDigital+Spy%5D%5D&rft_id=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalspy.co.uk%2Ftv%2Fnews%2Fa345361%2Fjason-isaacs-case-histories-to-return-to-bbc-one.html&rfr_id=info:sid/en.wikipedia.org:Case_Histories_(TV_series)">
- Case Histories at BBC Programmes
- Case Histories at the Internet Movie Database
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|